Sunday, August 24, 2014

Arroyo Seco Failed Trail Hunt

About a month ago now, I had my bike stolen - boohoo. Above is my new bud. He just needed his tires replaced. x) 

Following the acquisition of this new bud - I decided i'd go off and try a bike trail in the area. Pumped and ready to take on the California sun, I went on my way, eager to discover this 4 star trail. However I got a little lost. The park is very narrow and long so if you ride for just a couple seconds strait you've pretty much crossed its entirety, though if you go in the "long" direction you run into playgrounds and tennis courts. I was very confused, so I stopped and documented where I was just for the purpose of referencing these photos when I got home to the internet, and sure enough - the trail was IN that mini LA River thing you see below. 


INSIDE? 


^ Creepy Girl Scout imagery

It also turns out I was on my way to the inside at some point, but the road looked intimidating and as I have not actually done much visiting of SoCal on my own - I didn't feel now was the time to start. At least I know where to go for next time! (Perhaps tomorrow after work if it isn't too hot.)


Above: view!


Uphill, yay!


More view! :D


I took a photo halfway up and down of  another monstrous hill! Sadly I wasn't heading down...
~~


No comments:

Post a Comment